Saturday, September 5, 2015

Back to School Night & Hallie's 1st Day of First Grade

Tuesday night was back to school night. Hallie was so excited she could hardly contain herself. She was really excited to meet her teacher, see her classroom, and meet some new friends. This is Hallie with her teacher Mrs. Olsen. She had a scavenger hunt set up for them to find things around the classroom. Hallie was insistent that she read her whole hunt. Her teacher and a couple parents commented on what a great reader she  was and how she would definitely be one of her top readers. Its nice to have others think your child is so smart I have always thought so. She loves to read and has grown so much over the summer.
Wednesday morning it was time for the 1st day of school. I asked if she wanted me to take her to school. To which she replied,"No I think I better get used to riding the bus." I was slightly broken hearted that she didn't need me to be with her every step of the day but Im also glad that she feel comfortable being on her own to go to school.





To take it one step further she wanted Matt to take her to the bus. I have to admit once they pulled out I cried. I can't imagine my everyday without her. We will have to get used to it since she loves school and is getting to be such a big girl.


I have come to realize how brave kids have to be. Hallie has been so brave and taken all of these changes in stride. To put yourself out there, to make new friends, go to a new school, and change your whole day is a lot to handle but she hasn't even blinked. We are so proud of Hallie and the amazing young lady she has become. I love her so much and an going to have to adjust to sharing her with the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment