Saturday, March 4, 2017

Brinley's Baptism & Realizing I'm not Alone

Last weekend we were able to attend my cousin Marisha's little girl, Brinley's baptism. What a great day it ended up being. Lately, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have felt very alone and a little lost. A day with family that has loved me from the day I was born was just what I needed to remind me that family is God's way of physically showing his love for us. We had to be there by nine so it was a very early morning for us. They had a program and the baptism. Grandma Harris was there so it was fun to catch up with her. We were the only ones there from our family so I was also really glad we had gone for that reason as well. After the baptism the bishop asked Marisha and Taylor(her parents) to bear their testimonies. As Marisha bore her testimony she talked about being surrounded in the room that day by some of the people that love her and helped her get where she was. I was reminded that I stood in that very same room surrounded by some of the same people several years ago on the day I decided to be baptized. At that moment I could feel God's love for me and was reminded that I'm never alone. Afterwards we were able to visit with Kelly and Julie as well as several of my cousins and their spouses and see their kids. As I did I became more and more grateful that I had been raised in such a tight knit family where we got together regularly so when we got together it was like we were never apart. I miss those days and at time find myself wishing life was like that again. I wish my parents had never moved so I had a place to go home to. To show my kids where I grew up and had such a great childhood but unfortunately that is not how life has worked out but the memories are still there for which Im so so grateful for. While we were helping cleaning up in the kitchen  the kids took the initiative to help clean the gym. My Uncle Kelly took all these pictures and said he was mopping and Gracie came up and asked to help and told him she is a really good helper and a good cleaner. He said he was very impressed with how we were raising the girls to work and how polite they were. Its nice for others to notice all Matt and I's hard work



We really had such a great time and I wish we got together more often then not. I live my family and the memories we have and are still currently being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment