Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Lice Times Two

Frustrated is the word of the week. Monday I worked and was completely exhausted. Tuesday morning while getting Hallie ready for school I found lice in her hair. Last time I had a complete come apart but this time I felt like I knew just what I needed to do and so I just got to work. I washed Hallie's hair and by then Gracie was awake so I treated her as well. I combed thru Gracie's hair first and found nothing so I sent her to preschool while I got all 8 loads of laundry done and rand an additional 4 loads thru the dryer. While the laundry ran I checked Hallie and found two more dead bugs and about 10 nits. I was a little unnerved by what I had found but knew I had done what I needed to . When Em woke up I went thru her hair but found nothing. I worked my way from one side of the house to the other cleaning, sanitizing, and vacuuming. Its rather frustrating that this is the 2nd time in 5 months we have had this but I'm grateful for the homework I did last time so I knew what to do this time. Because we had been in the car the day before I pulled all the car seats and the car apart so it was all sanitized before I went to pick up preschool. Here is a picture of some of the laundry I left it on the table until everything was clean and vacuumed and then put them on the floor. 
My laundry room was buried in laundry
Later last night when Matt got home her checked my hair and found 3 nits so I treated my head as well and will watch it. It took 2 hours to go thru my hair I felt so bad for Matt but was grateful for the help. Today although my head is itchy I'm feeling good. I sent Hallie to school this morning after finding nothing in her hair. I also rechecked the other 2 girls and they are still good as well. Now if my head is clear when Matt checks tonight I hope we are on the mend until we treat again in seven days. I hate those little bugs but I'm grateful they don't cause disease or something worse. Hopefully we can get this under control and move on with our lives

No comments:

Post a Comment