Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Pretty Terrible Weekend

On Sunday evening I got a call from Ashley that one of the women in our ward had collapsed in her yard and had been Lifeflighted to Ogden. Long story short her heart had stopped! She died twice on the way to the hospital and ultimately died 7 days after her first collapse. She left behind a husband and 3 young kids(10, 8, and 5). It has been super hard not only on the family but also the community. It has been a great reminder to hold your family older.
Later that night Teann called me and I immediately knew something was wrong. It didn't take long for her to tell me that Kade had fallen off the ladder and was in trouble. While I was talking to her I told Matt what had happened and he ran to see what he could do while I found my nurse bag full of supplies. When we got there we found him on the front porch laying on the concrete. We assessed the situation thinking about possibly driving him to the hospital. After realizing that he couldn't get up, was disoriented, and in a ton of pain we talked Teann into calling the ambulance. They were there within minutes to take him to get the help he needed. He ended up with bruised ribs, a concussion, stitches in his chin, and a bunch of cuts and bruises. I think hes lucky thats all he got. That night Matt and bishop followed Teann to the hospital and I attempted to keep track of all of our kids sleeping between 2 houses. Luckily Jill was willing to stay at Teann's house while I got Em to bed and set up the intercom with the kids. I ran back and forth every 30 minutes to check on everyone. It was exhausting. The twins got up multiple times but settled after a bottle. I started dishes at about 4am to stay awake. Matt came home so I at least didn't have to worry about our kids being home alone. About 30 minutes later Kade and Teann came home so I could head home and go to bed. 
It was a rough night in Huntsville that I don't think we will ever forget and hope it never happens again

No comments:

Post a Comment