Thursday, May 18, 2017

Oregon Coast Day 7-Headed Home

Thursday morning we got up and moving a little earlier than normal to make sure we had plenty of time to eat breakfast and get to the airport in time. It was a fun but exhausting trip and we were ready for our own beds
Matt was able to take some pics with his drone of the Portland temple. I love the view the drone gives that you otherwise wouldn't see



The first leg of our flight was pretty full. Hallie had to sit on the other side of the isle by herself since Matt stayed to work in Portland. I was a little nervous since this was my first flight with the kids by myself any where other than Vegas. The flight attendant was so great and got her a few extra snacks and talked to her. She was so great and I appreciated her help. Hallie read the whole time and Gracie & Em watched Mickey Clubhouse. 

We had about 90 minutes in between flights so we got some tacos and the girls tried dippin dots for the first time...they loved them
Not even 10 minutes into our 2nd leg Em was out. I think the trip had totally caught up to her.
Lucky for me...Em stayed asleep the entire flight. Partly because the flight was mostly empty and she could lay across all the entire row. I hardly even noticed Hallie and Gracie they also sat on their own row and played games, colored, and did their activities
When we got off the flight we hurried to get our baggage and then to the shuttle so we could get home in time for graduation. 
All in all it was a fun trip. We saw quite a few really cool things and it was a fun experience. But in reality it was exhausting. It was a bunch of driving and it was hard moving hotels everyday. I felt like we were constantly on the run and at times felt rushed. If we do it again we will just pick a couple cities and stay there for 2-3 days a piece and explore more. I am grateful for the time with Matt and the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment