Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Griffin Wayne Graham

While out and about on our hike the last day of our trip Nic text me about having contractions and if I thought she should go in. I responded with a handful of questions and we went back and forth a couple times ultimately telling her to trust her gut to decide. When we got back to the car I texted her again for an update to find that she and Kyle were just getting checked in at the hospital! I was slightly disappointed since I really wanted to come when he was born to be the baby nurse. But knowing her due date and that it overlapped with our trip I had come to terms with the fact I would probably miss it. Luckily Kyle kept us in the loop and only a couple hours latter he was born. All went well and they made it safely thru. When I got the picture I immediately thought he looked like Rigs. I was so excited to meet him and snuggle him
They named him Griffin Wayne Graham
He weighed 7lbs 3 oz and was 21 in
It took a couple days for me to get to see him with Matt being out of town and us flying home but on day 2 of his life I finally got to see him. He had already changed so much. Nic was doing great and they were enjoying time as a new family of five!
Its funny how in love you fall so quickly with a sweet baby. I love the bond I have with my sister's kids. The best way to describe it is it's probably as close to loving your own kids as it comes. Thanks Nic for making me an aunt again

No comments:

Post a Comment