Saturday, May 13, 2017

Oregon Coast Day 2 Astoria to Seaside

Saturday morning we got up and drove about 3 hours to Astoria we passed some really cool bridges along the way including Megler Bridge.
When we got to Astoria we had heard from a couple people that we had to try out the Bowpicker...although it wasn't gluten free it was amazing! Like seriously the best fish and chips ever!
And they serve them out of an actual boat
The waitress at the Bowpicker suggested going to check out the Astoria Column and it was only 5 minutes from us. Although it wasn't on the agenda we decided it was worth checking out so with our bellies full we headed up the hill.I have noticed the older I get the more anxiety about everything and I also have a growing fear of heights. This column has 164 steps straight up it was really terrifying to me that it would collapse or someone would fall down the stairs there was a time that I stopped and thought about going back. But I have gotten better at talking myself thru it. I don't want to miss things in my kids lives and so I refuse to let my anxiety run my life. So I did my best, Matt is an amazing support and encouraging, took slow deep breaths, and and pushed forward. The views from the top were insane...you could see for miles.







Then we came back down the hill to check out the Columbia River Maritime Museum. They had some amazing ship pieces and we loved getting to check out the boat 



The ships in the harbor were huge...once again a picture that doesn't do them justice
Poor Em as we were getting off the ship she fell and scrapped her face all up she was so sad and got blood everywhere

Another view of Megler Bridge



This was a floating bridge it was a little weird to think about nothing solid under us...from that point on every bridge we went over the girls asked if it was floating
Then we arrived in Seaside and to our hotel at Riverside Suites! It was by far my favorite place we stayed the suite was set up just perfect for us had a full kitchen and a jetted tub plus a beautiful view of the river and ocean


These girls love laundry baskets no matter where we are
We went to the grocery store to buy stuff for dinner plus some yummy munchies. While we were gone it rained and when we returned we had a beautiful rainbow to admire out on our deck

That night we took the drown for a ride to see the ocean and see our surroundings with a birds eye view.





Then we came back, made dinner, and soaked in our awesome/huge tub.
That night Matt and I stayed up and watched a movie and ate ice cream once we put the kids to bed. We were wishing we would have stayed here more than one night. It was such a fun little city and a great hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment