Saturday, March 21, 2015

32 Weeks and 32 Lbs of Strawberries!?!?

I honestly don't know what I was thinking...I think I had a lapse of judgement d/t my pregnancy brain. When I bought them I picked out 16 containers and only once I started thinking about it did I realize that they were 2 lbs each making it a total of 32 lbs! When we got home we started our jam and I used only half the strawberries to make 20 18 oz containers which will last us for quite awhile.
 The girls were more than happy to sample and help where I needed it. They dis most of the mixing and adding ingredients. They are at such a fun age when they want to be involved and really are super helpful most of the time.
I decided to do a little research this time with the jam products since I haven't ever used something consistent. I wanted to see how it compared price for how many containers you get as well as how much sugar or other product go into the finished result. So here are the results so far... I will have to update on the final tastings 
MCP 2.69/4.5c sugar/made 4 containers
Certo 4.39/8c sugar/made 6 containers
Ball 1.99/2c sugar/made 3 1/4 containers
Mrs. Wage 1.42/1.5c sugar/made 3 containers



No comments:

Post a Comment