Monday, March 30, 2015

Matt in Florida and Normal Life

Matt had his longest trip yet when he had to go to Florida over an entire weekend and so he wouldn't have to travel two weeks in a row he combined it with another trip making it all in all 5 days gone. To be honest it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating but I think that was partially since I planned to keep the girls and I busy to help the time go by faster. I have found that I am becoming more patient and learning to only do things at the pace I know I can handle which is all new for me but its been really good. This dresser is just such an example. Matt and I bought it his spring break weekend but with his schedule he hasn't had time to put it together. The girls and I decided we would put it together but I made sure I told myself it would take several days and I wanted to put it together right. I have the habit of starting something and then getting impatient and rushing to finish it even if it means it looks rushed rather than taking a day off and then finishing. The first day I only got the side put together and was completely fine with it. All in all it took about 4 days to get it put together working on it for a couple hours each day. While Matt was in Florida I sent him a picture. He immediately called and gave me a hard time but I know he was relieved that it was done. I reassured him that I took it easy and had been working on it for days to which he laughed. Im just glad it is put together and ready to go. 
The weather has been beautiful and I am more and more every day missing our fenced backyard. I am so paranoid and wont let the girls play outside alone which means I have been hauling my lawn chair outside to enjoy the weather while the girls play. They love it outside and it makes me super excited for our yard once we get the house built. Gracie was so thrilled with herself, she has figured out how to drive the power wheels herself.
We were able to skype with Matt each night so the girls could tell him about their day and get to see him...it made me really grateful for technology and that he isn't gone like that all of the time. We also got in a lot of girl time. I love having girls I really do and wouldn't change it for anything. One night we ate treats, watched a movie, and painted nails. We of coarse had to take a picture to send to daddy.

While we were having girl time Matt was playing in Disney World in shorts and a t-shirt. Hopefully next time we can go with him. We decided with me being this pregnant and with my uc acting up it wouldn't be worth going since he would be in conference stuff at least half of the days leaving us to find our way around which would be a challenge and probably not worth the cost.
Unfortunately Gracie got the stomach flu while Matt was gone as well. She woke up Sunday night throwing up and feeling yucky. Monday I was able to trade carpool so Grace could sleep in and we spent the day just hanging out watching cartoons. Monday night she ran a fever but no more puking. Hoping that it doesn't make its way through the rest of us.
All in all we had a productive time while Matt was gone and he was able to get most of his homework and 1 big paper done. I will be so thrilled when he is done with school and homework! Also this will be one of his last trips for a while knowing the baby will be here soon. Then we will address the issue of him traveling so much. I have complete faith that we will figure it out and find what works best for our family. Until then we will enjoy our daddy when he is home and miss him terribly when he isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment