Monday, March 30, 2015

Date Night

Wednesday Matt and I had set up a date night to meet with another kitchen designer and then attend a recognition dinner for Matt's 20 under the age of 30 award but before we got out the door we had a problem. A neighbor came and rang my doorbell to tell me she had seen one of the little neighborhood boys throwing rocks at my suburban and the back side window was broken. I thanked her and had Matt go check and it was broken...way worse than what we had even anticipated, Broken all the way through in 4 places and on 2 of the 4 corners.



I immediately went to talk to his mom. She came to the door and I asked her if she knew where her son was and asked if she knew what he had been doing. She said he had come in saying he was playing baseball and throwing rocks at a white car. I informed her that it had been our car and the window would have to be replaced. She was pretty good about it and said she would call her insurance. Matt and I headed to clean up mess and tape it up best we could until it could be repaired. Matt immediately called Valley Glass since they have done our windshields in the passed. It was 240 for the window to be replaced! Expensive cost for not watching your child. We made an appt for the following day and I made arrangements for Matt and Nic to help me get where I needed to go. When we went to get the suburban there was a new problem there was now a bunch of body damage that we can only assume the window place did while replacing the window....of coarse it couldn't just be an easy fix to replace the window and be done...right?!? Matt immediately called and we took it back to have them look at it. The guy that did the work completely denied that it was him until I told he we had pictures of it before we dropped it off. He was a complete jerk to me but I can hold my own. The manager on the other hand was very nice and asked for us to send the pictures and assured me we would get it taken care of. We will see what happens at this point we are waiting until tomorrow to see what they say.

At the end of all of it we made it to our kitchen appt and to the dinner. It was such a nice and much needed night out for us. I know that our nights are limited before this baby gets here and I'm going to soak them up as much as I can



No comments:

Post a Comment