Saturday, March 21, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day

When I was younger St. Patrick's Day meant wearing green so you didn't get pinched and someone possibly mentioning a leprechaun. Now days society has once again done its best to commercialize another silly holiday but we are happy at our house just to wear green and that is just what we did. Hallie did some really fun stuff at school. The leprechaun even broke in while they were at break and left them gold coins along with destroying their classroom I guess.  
I asked the girls later that evening if they wanted green pancakes for dinner they looked at me quite strange and said eww thats gross why would we want green pancakes. And that is how we celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
That night after I had tucked the girls in bed Hallie came up the stairs upset. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was afraid the leprechaun was going to come to our house and destroy our stuff and that she didn't want that to happen. I wasn't quite sure what to say but I told her that the leprechaun doesn't visit our house just her school. She seemed ok with that and I tucked her back in reassuring her that the leprechaun would not be messing up our house.  I don't know that holiday characters are supposed to be something kids are afraid of!

No comments:

Post a Comment