Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 27-30

In some ways its hard to believe that we are getting closer and closer to meeting this little girl but in other ways it feels like it has taken forever. Things have been rough the last couple weeks(29-30 weeks) my ulcerlative colitis has flared and is not being nice to my body. At this point my body isn't really tolerating any food which is super difficult and frustrating when you are starving and can't eat with out feeling sick. I was able to get into my G.I. Specialalist this past week and they put me on some heavy duty meds that I am reluctantly taking. I hate taking anything when Im pregnant but with me not gaining weight and feeling so crappy I don't really have a choice. They started me on prednisone that I will take about 6 weeks by the time I wean off of it. It is a pretty nasty drug that comes with quite a few possible side effects. Luckily so far the only one I have really had is some restlessness when I sleep but my body seems to be adjusting and I am getting back to sleeping good. She also but me on some maintenance u.c. meds that will take about a month to kick in so I will start them in the next couple of weeks. At our 27 week appt she was breech but at our 29 week appt was flipped back around with her head down I hope she stays the direction that she is supposed to. I have never wanted a c-section but I don't know if trying to turn her is worth it with all the risks that come with it...I guess we will cross that bridge when it comes. 
27 Weeks

29 weeks
I am at this point starting to think about the plan when this little girl arrives. Where will the girls go, how much help will I need, what time will Matt have to help out? Just normal stuff. A couple people have recently asked if I am nervous about how the girls will adjust to her and to be honest I haven't worried about it at all. I think they will do great. I do expect some sort of a transition period where we figure out what a "normal" day is like for all of us but AI don't expect much more than that. I only hope that the girls love this baby as much as they love each other. I am more worried about the time of year she will be arriving. With both the girls they have come at a time of year that we have used winter as an excuse to stay home and spend countless hours of cuddles and being home bodies. May to me the the beginning of a very busy time of year I want to make sure to spend just as much time cuddling and enjoying how little she is for as long as I can but Hallie has kindergarten graduation and dance recitals and then the kick off to the summer vacation times. I also still think I will be a germ a phob no matter what season my kids are born. With the girls I packed them in their car seats a lot but I think it will be to warm to do that with this baby so I'm thinking I may end up "baby wearing" her more? I guess we will wait and see what works best for us. Here's to more planning before this baby arrives to our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment