Sunday, January 24, 2016

Emery is 8 Months!!

What the heck!! How did this happen my baby is now 8 months old. I feel like everything that has been going on since she was born has made the time just fly by that much faster. She is such a blessing in our lives and such a great baby. On Christmas eve she broke her first too thru it was the bottom left one. Since then she has cut the other front bottom one and is currently trying to get her k9's thru. She has been so drooly, snotty nosed, croupy coughed, and just miserable. I have heard goo things about baltic amber necklaces so I bought one to give it a try. She has been wearing it for a day now and finally slept thru the night again after really struggling for the past week or so.
As you can see from the picture below she has started sitting up and has caught on pretty quickly. Its almost like she waited for us to move into the new house before she decided to suddenly grow up. She thinks she is pretty cool to now be able to sit up with the girls and their dolls and castles and play(suck on whatever she can find) with them. I have been trying to work with her on crawling but she doesn't like to be on her tummy for very long periods of time but Im sure in due time she will figure it out herself.

She is such an observer. At home she is a happy smiley baby but when she is somewhere new or with new people she is stoic. Just taking everything in. Once we got moved into the house I immediately knew I had to find the jumper since I thought she would really like it! I was 100% right. She loves to jump and spin in her seat and the music it plays when she does. She still really loves her sleep. Usually she sleeps from 8pm-9am. Then she has breakfast(oatmeal and fruit) followed by a bottle(4-6oz) about 10(an hour later) she is more than ready for her morning nap she then sleeps until between 12 & 1. She then has lunch(veggies) and another bottle(4-6oz) again an hour after she got up she goes down for another nap and sleeps until about 5 then she has dinner(meat and pasta with sauce or some bites of what we are eating followed by a 4-6 oz bottle) after that it depends on the day. Some days she goes back to bed for a short 45 minute nap before then having a bottle, bath and a topped off with another bottle before going to bed for the night. I think right now she is starting to drop that short nap as some nights she stays up until having a bath then bottle and then to bed. Like I said this girl loves her sleep! 
She has tried pretty much every baby food they have. She prefers sweet potatoes or squash but still highly dislikes carrots. She does great eating with a spoon.
She is also great at knowing what you are saying. When we are all dancing we will say dance Em...and she gets really excited kicking her arms and legs like she is dancing. I am still convinced that kids are way smarter than what people think.
Now that I can see the bus stop from the house I have started to leave the younger 2 girls in bed when I take Hallie to the bus. It has been so nice to let them sleep in and not have to drag them out in the cold for 5-10 minutes. Gracie is so proud of herself that she "babysits). We also now have a home phone so I call the phone before I leave so I can hear everything going on and if they wake up I know.
She is so cute and starts to gets excited when we go to get her out of bed. The other day I was napping on the couch when Matt went to get her. He brought her out and got her a bottle. While he was trying to feed her she kept reaching over to touch my face. After I woke up she wanted nothing to do with Matt feeding her so I took her to finish feeding her. Matt then rested his head on my shoulder and Em started to cry. When Matt would sit up she would stop and when he would rest on me she would cry. We got a pretty good laugh from that. One more mama's girl to add to the group.
She does really well in the car to look out the window or watch the girls but she still very rarely sleeps in the car and if she does it isn't for very long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment