Friday, January 15, 2016

Granite In, Snow On the Ground, A Few Opps, Late Nights, Exhaustion Sets In, Carpet, and MOVING DAY Dec 13-19

Finally the day came they started to put in the cabinets and the carpet is scheduled and it seems like the days are going all to quickly for everything to get done. Matt had to push the inspection from Wed to Friday and then ultimately we weren't ready on Friday either so we had to hold our one for Monday and pray that everything got wrapped up. We really have had some great subs that have stepped up to the plate to help us out and get things done.

Getting the granite here was quite the task. Our granite guy was amazing and had everything ready to go in just a couple short days when everyone else told us 1-2 weeks. It was lucky for us since we didn't have 2 weeks or even a week for that matter. It took 8 guys to get the island bar in since it was so blasted heavy.
Bubble Bathroom





It made it in one piece thankfully
We did have one small hiccup that is actually pretty funny. While blue taping for the painters we found that one of the ducts were ran opposite of what they were supposed to be. Luckily it was just in time for them to come fix it without to much destruction. They were able to cut a hole in the floor and switch them over and get them fixed.
One of the nights the girls and I stayed late to paint the washer/dryer stand so it would be ready for them to deliver appliances the following day. The kids were such troopers with our late nights and did pretty well keeping themselves entertained


Gracie was so tired she made a bed and went to sleep on the half bath floor
To add more craziness to the mix we also got dumped on in terms of snow. Im lucky to have Nic she has been by my side from the day we broke ground and has been there to help me with just about everything. So on this particular day it was snow removal. Lucky for us she had brought her snowblower.
We also had another opps. Sometimes I don't think subs think thru what they are doing. I mean who leaves garage surround like this?! lol Thankfully they came back and fixed it the next day
Brit came up a day to help me clean but we didn't get much cleaning done to them putting carpet in but the kids did have a great time playing on the washer and dryer stand. When we got to the house I went to look around and see how the progress was going to find they had put carpet pad in the entire house! The only problem with this was that we had decided to only carpet half the basement do to budget constraints and that they didn't have enough carpet in stock to get it done in time for our inspection. I went to talk to the carpet guy who called his boss and got his ear chewed for putting carpet where it didn't go but at that point the damage was done so we went with it since we were ultimately hoping to put it in in the near future anyways. Hopefully we will end up with a deal because of the mix up. Oh and our carpet and pad....are heavenly. We upgraded both to premium stuff and the floor is soft enough to sleep on! This has created a few issues staring with the doors. Matt has to cut the bottoms off so they can open and close easily. Secondly we need a new vacuum with more height options. With my dyson its like vacuuming thru wet cement! 
I can't explain the feeling that I had when I saw carpet in our house. It was Friday Dec 18th. It was completely surreal. I just kept thinking have we really made it to this point....there were times I wasn't sure we would make it?


And then we have applances nd then it starts to feel like maybe can really live here. I have been in love with this fridge since I started watching food network years ago and I was so excited when Matt shared my same excitement for it. I have always felt like our fridge is packed and there is no room and with this new fridge I don't think I will have that problem. The lights over the island were also one of the things I saw and immediately fell in love with. I was just hoping and praying they would fit into our lighting budget and by some miracle they did! I think they are one of the things in the kitchen that draw you in and I still love them!
Even though we had to bump our inspection we decided to still move on Saturday and got clearance from the inspector to put everything in the garage. We felt like if we didn't move on the planned date with Christmas coming we wouldn't have the help we needed to move. So Friday night we headed to Uhaul and picked up the truck.
Saturday morning we got everything packed only to realize we didn't have enough space for everything in the truck! We had just enough help to get it all loaded but none of them were planning on coming to Huntsville with us but family(Kyle, Chris, and Kerry). Matt went to Sure Steel and got their snowmobile trailer so he could go and load the storage unit while Matt's dad drove the moving truck. Luckily once Matt got there Tyler called and came to help unload so it worked out really well. Now that we were moved and had no where to live the kids pretty much fell asleep anywhere and everywhere while Matt and I worked on getting stuff at the house done. Matt installed all the appliances while I worked on other stuff. Hallie was so tired she somehow found her way into Emery's pack n play.

Em's room all carpeted
Master
Gracie's Room
Family Room I also should note that the rock got done on Tues/Wed. The brother/sister rock team came about 10am and stayed until about 6 am the following morning to complete it and clean up so they would not hold up carpet. Yet again another rock star sub that pulled thru on our tight time line. I love it and think its beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment