Friday, January 15, 2016

Lots of Sleeping, Being Snowed In, Staying at Nic's, and The Final Inspection Dec 20th-Dec 23rd

The next couple days were a complete blur. We worked on completing things for inspection. Matt built stairs and got some cleaning done. The kids pretty much crashed the time we were at the house. We would drag a mattress in for them to sleep on during the day and then take it out since we aren't allowed to sleep at the house until we have a occupancy permit. We would stay an Nic and Kyle's house at night and first thin gin the morning we would get up and head to the house to get stuff situated...mostly clean

Nic and Kyle were so great to let us invade their space. We were able to do laundry, have home cooked meals, and a place to relax for the times we were home. Nic was also my shadow giving of her time by coming to the house with me every morning and staying until well into the night.
The girls both slept in the playroom. Nic pulled out the foam pads and sleeping bags the girls thought it was pretty cool to be "camping." Sunday night was our first night staying. Matt and I were in the room next door to the girls with Em. I woke up Monday morning to Hallie telling me she couldn't find Gracie. I flew out of bed and went to frantically look for her. Matt had just left for work so I called to tell him I couldn't find her. Just then Nic came down from upstairs to tell me Gracie was asleep in her bed! I was so relieved! I guess she had wandered up in the night and asked Nic where I was and then asked if she could sleep with Nic and she let her. I was just glad she was ok...silly girl
Monday the inspection went well but there were a few electrical things that had to be changed befreo the inspector wanted us to stay the night. Monday we got snow but Tuesday morning our drive to the house was pretty scary. Nic and I both drove in 4-wheel drive the entire way and never went over 30 mph. When we got to the house it was a winter wonderland....snow everywhere!
Nic and I did our best to clear the driveway before the inspector came for his reinspect. We were at least able to clear a place for us to park! I have not seen that much snow in a very long time and I loved it! Even better news was that we had received our temp occupancy permit! We could officially move in!
I called Matt and he came home so we could get officially moved in. Until then Nic and I wasted no time moving stuff in and getting settled. Once again it all felt surreal. Were we really moving into our dream home that we had plan for for years 3 days before Christmas?!? Yes, yes we were!


No comments:

Post a Comment